Here at CrossFit Mode we have discovered the recipe to achieving ultimate health and wellness
Catering to all fitness levels, people of all ages, genders and experience. Here at CrossFit Mode we are dedicated to helping individuals reach their full potential in any given area of health, sport and fitness.
Come and train with Australia’s 2nd fittest man, James Newbury!
Now in 2 locations – City or Beach
Speak to one of our health & wellness coaches
Fill in the form above to speak to one of our coaches and find out how we can help you today.
We love to meet new people and learn about their goals. We are confident that we can help anyone through our group training or 1 on 1 PTs.
We will call you to discuss what we believe to be the best plan of attack from here!
Fundamentals is our basics (beginner) class. This is an important step as it allows us to teach correct movements before entering into classes. We offer two tiers for fundamentals
1) Group Classes: Held at City Mode on Monday at 6:45pm, Tuesday at 6:45pm and Saturday 10:30am. Beach is Wednesday 6:45pm, Thursday 6:45pm and Sunday 10:30am. All 3 must be completed. This course costs $120.
2) 3 x 1 on 1 individualised PT sessions, covering similar components in the group classes, but with an ability to focus highly on the individual rather than the group. This course costs $170
Choose a Membership
Once the fundamentals are finished, you’re ready to join our group classes. We offer CrossFit for both beginners and advanced, and also offer HIIT, Spin and Barbell focussed classes.
Our plans are run with the option of either 2 visits per week or unlimited. All of our memberships have access to both boxes.
We are here to help you choose the plan thats right for you.
CrossFit Mode is not your average gym!
We pride ourselves in offering the best and most effective physical training around. Yes, we run group classes but none like you have ever been to before. Erase the thought of body pump and aerobics, and think military style fitness that serves purpose in your every day life. Please don’t let that thought scare you off, our style of training is first and foremost SCALABLE – that’s what is great about CrossFit. It’s available to the elite athlete and the absolute beginner.
We ensure you are working to your 100%, whether or not that’s a comfortable, or an uncomfortable level.
Let us explain. You may have seen Rich Froning throw himself upside down and take the weight of his body in his wrists, pumping out a handstand push-up. We program those movements too! However, there is a modified version for everyone. Do them off your feet, off a box, with resistance bands, or whatever level your body is at, and in return, you build the strength and confidence to one day stand on your hands too. This translates to every day life.
CrossFit makes you more physically aware, physically strong and physically ready to tackle the unknowables of life, but at a pace that you set yourself.
CrossFit Mode, formed in January 2013, is a facility that caters for all fitness levels. People of all ages, genders and experience levels are encouraged to join in on our classes. At CrossFit Mode, we are dedicated to helping each and every person reach their full potential in any given area of health, sport and fitness. Head Coach James Newbury comes from an elite rugby background, playing in the Queensland and Sydney League. He has returned to the Australian regionals 5 years in a row, where 40 of the best athletes across the pacific region come together in the test of ultimate fitness. 2016 saw him progress to the World CrossFit Games achieving 6 top 15 finishes. Along with his partner, Kayla Banfield, they welcome and encourage anyone to give the amazing sport of CrossFit a try!
CrossFit works to develop 10 Domains of Fitness:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Every day a new Workout is posted, called the Workout of the Day or WOD. Everyone who comes to class that day does the same WOD — this creates a camaraderie among the participants that is unlike any other gym experience.
All of the exercises, weights and reps can be adapted to suit any ability.
CrossFit is the sport of fitness… believe it!
All memberships are by direct debit only or paid in full prior to commencement.
If you have any questions or queries in regards to our membership, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always willing to help answer and queries that you may have.